This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cake Or Death Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonette
In-Game Rank 0

re: Maybe the Welsh arent so strange after all ...

Sex with horse? S.C. man charged 2nd time
By Kurt Knapek
kknapek@thesunnews.com
Posted: Wednesday, Jul. 29, 2009
Slideshow
« Prev of 2Next »
Barbara Kenley. Sun News photo.

Rodell Vereen

Map data ©2009 Tele Atlas - Terms of UseMapSatelliteHybridLongs, South Carolina

Whats Bamboo?
TutoriallogoYou might also likeTodayThis WeekThis MonthAllCategories
News show another article
vote down
vote up Police: SC man charged with having sex with horsePolice: SC man charged with having sex with horse(By JEFFREY COLLINS, Associated Press Writer) A South Carolina man was charged with having sex with a horse after the animal's owner caught the act on videotape, then staked out the stable and caught him at shotgun point, authorities said Wednesday. But this wasn"t the first time Rodell Vereen has been charged with buggery. He pleaded guilty last year to having sex with the same horse after owner Barbara Kenley found him in the same stable and was sentenced to probation and placed on the state's sex offender list. Kenley said she noticed several weeks ago her 21-year-old horse Sugar was acting strange and getting infections again. She noticed things in the barn had been moved around - dirt piled up and bales of hay stacked near the horse's stall at her Lazy B Stables in Longs, about 20 miles
Preview
Share Share This Story email to friend share on facebook send to digg back
News show another article
vote down
vote up MasterCard 2Q profit beats analysts' estimatesMasterCard 2Q profit beats analysts' estimates(The Associated Press) MasterCard Inc. said Thursday that it booked a profit of nearly $350 million during the second quarter, exceeding Wall Street's expectations. Shares soared more than 7 percent in premarket trading following the report. The Purchase, N.Y.-based credit card and global payments processor earned $348.9 million, or $2.67 per share, in the period ended June 30. That compares with a loss of $746.7 million, or $5.70 per share, in the same period a year earlier. Results in the year-ago period were weighed down by a $1.65 billion charge related to a litigation settlement. Revenue climbed nearly 3 percent to $1.28 billion. Both profit and revenue came in ahead of analyst estimates. On average, analysts projected earnings of $2.42 per share on revenue of $1.25 billion, according
(The Associated Press) MasterCard Inc. said Thursday that it booked a profit of nearly $350 million during the second quarter, exceeding Wall Street's expectations. Shares soared more than 7 percent in premarket trading following the report. The Purchase, N.Y.-based credit card and global payments processor earned $348.9 million, or $2.67 per share, in the period ended June 30. That compares with a loss of $746.7 million, or $5.70 per share, in the same period a year earlier. Results in the year-ago period were weighed down by a $1.65 billion charge related to a litigation settlement. Revenue climbed nearly 3 percent to $1.28 billion. Both profit and revenue came in ahead of analyst estimates. On average, analysts projected earnings of $2.42 per share on revenue of $1.25 billion, according Preview
Share Share This Story email to friend share on facebook send to digg backaye aye aye! major problemo!

* Home Page MappingSelect this only BusinessSelect this only EntertainmentSelect this only NewsSelect this only OpinionSelect this only SportsSelect this only Living HereSelect this only * Home PageSelect this only Z Site ServiceSelect this onlyApply Filter ↑ Cancel Select All Unselect All
Loadingcalculating your recommendations
back to recommendationsYour last 100 viewed items
close help © 2009 Kibboko, Inc. TermsFeedback?A Conway, S.C., woman who had video surveillance of a man having sexual intercourse with one of her horses said she found the suspect behind her barn Monday night and pointed a shotgun at his head until police arrived and arrested him.

Rodell Vereen, 50, of Longs, is charged with buggery and trespassing after Barbara Kenley, who owns Lazy B Stables on Coates Road in the Wampee section of Horry County, told officers she had video of the suspect having sex with a horse then wanted to catch him at her barn.

``That stable was my getaway, my stress relief,'' said Kenley, who has owned the stable for 20 years. ``Everybody has a place they like to go to get away. Now it is totally destroyed. It is the only thing I have in life.''

A family member said Wednesday that Vereen was diagnosed with a "mental disease'' more than 10 years ago.

``He's supposed to be on medication but I don't believe he's been taking it,'' said Beulah Vereen, also a neighbor. "He's not a violent man, I know.''

It is the second time Vereen, who works for a landscaping company, has been charged with having sex with a horse at Lazy B Stables. Vereen pleaded guilty to buggery on July 21, 2008 and was sentenced to three years probation, ordered to undergo mental health counseling, and told not to go near Lazy B Stables after he was caught having sex with a horse on Thanksgiving Day of 2007, according to the 15th Judicial Circuit.

Vereen has also been registered as a sex offender since pleading to the buggery charge last year, according to the State Law Enforcement Division.

"I have a false sense of security right now,'' Kenley said. ``When they arrested him before I thought that was the end of it. Now all of my insecurities are back. I can't go out there at certain times because I am afraid.''

Vereen will have a probation hearing at 9 a.m. Monday at J. Reuben Long Detention Center in Conway, according to Richard Laskill, a senior agent for the S.C. Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services.

A judge will likely determine if Vereen will serve the remainder of his three-year suspended sentence for the 2007 buggery charge.

"Hopefully he won't get out,'' Kenley said. "My goal is to get him away from me and my property.''

Kenley, who lives four miles away from the stable, said she can't afford a security system for the stables. She said she spent several hundred dollars on the video surveillance system that was used to help identify Vereen.

"In 20 years I've never had a problem like this,'' Kenley said. ``I never knew people did such a thing.''

Kenley said Vereen was having sex with a 21-year-old horse named Sugar. Kenley said the horse is being treated for infections related to the incidents.

Kenley told officers she had video of Vereen ``having relations'' with one of her horses on July 19, according to a police report. ``I had given police surveillance video before and they weren't able to identify him,'' Kenley said. ``And I wanted to catch him firsthand. It was just a matter of time before I caught him.''

On Monday night, Kenley said she went to check on the horses and saw an unknown vehicle parked near her property.

Kenley found Vereen behind a barn where the horses are kept and pointed a shotgun at him. Kenley called police on her cell phone and waited for officers to arrive.

"He was very subdued,'' Kenley said. ``He was like ... cold. He may have been in shock.''

Kenley said she asked Vereen what he was doing at the barn and that he said he was looking for a bathroom.

"I told him he was full of crap,'' Kenley said. "He apologized and said he didn't mean to hurt me.''

Vereen admitted to officers that he did have "relations'' with a horse on July 19, the report shows. Officers reported that they viewed a video showing the suspect having intercourse with a horse.

Bail was set at $10,000 for Vereen, who is being held at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/858947.html

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cake Or Death Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum