This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cake Or Death Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahadi

re: World of Warcraft Expansion III "Cataclysm" traile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ife7qybqM

blimey !

to be released Xmas 2011 ?

Mjølkipattan
Members

well... omg!

-mj

Erf...another pvp expansion ?

hmmm, im not that impressed tbh... seems like more of the same old stuff. Maybe when more info come sout my mind will change.

idd make or break for me tbh...

seemks blizz are being lazy with this, just recycling old content again, i even heard onyxia is being scaled to 80 for release in WotLK

For all you nay sayers, i'm looking forward to it, never saw the old content in its prime, and it looks awesome, nice to see more faces of lore come into play like neltharion and azshara.
Anyway, blizzard don't have to release new content at all, so stop whinging :>.
Also, i think the reasoning of "recycling" the old content is due to the fact that when vanilla was released, there was no basic storyline, i.e, no lore path to follow.
Since TBC and WOTLK are storyline based, i.e Scourge/Burning Legion, the raids that fit those story lines are used for that. For example, naxx was thrown into vanilla just because it had KT as a familiar face, but since KT is so well known due to arthas/Lich King, he was brought back.
Same goes here for Onyxia and DM/SFK, they both fit the story line that will be coming for CC (Cataclysm), so they are bringing them back so it makes sense.
So as a summary, vanilla wow was so random and non story based, that the storyline based expansions have an actual use for the raids at hand, so why not reuse them since they fit the story.

As for recycling Azeroth, it's not like its the "same" Azeroth it was back in vanilla and even now. If you watch the trailer, you notice that it's actually changed. It's been "updated", I mean, hacking away at the same tree in ashenvale for 5 years, thats somewhat outdated, even a woodpecker can go through a tree in 5 years. And where else would you base a story about Deathwing and Azshara when their lore fits Azeroth? Obviously there are new places like, the maelstrom and stuff so it's not exactly "recycled", new zones will be opening so, what do you expect.

What i'm trying to say is, don't judge something because "it's recycled", think more outside the box.

Last edited by Istaxit on 2009/08/23 9:18; edited 1 time in total
Reye
Oxso
In-Game Rank 3

I'm with Ista, i think if it's properly implemented it will be great.quite looking forward to it myself.

Finally flying mounts everywhere..and the old places get changes too so there is a reason to go back there..and archeology as secondary skill..sounds like fun maybe=)..I am looking forward to it:)

Several things I personally dislike, for instance no expanding of talent trees, we are just getting 5 more to spend in the talents we have now.
Also that goblins go horde I liked it that the goblins were mostly neutral and that they had their own little trade imperium out in the ocean.

And the BIGGEST thing I dislike is the new race/class combinations.. Taurens don't worship gods, they worship spirits... so what on earth is a tauren paladin/priest on about? stupid imo...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cake Or Death Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum